There was this certain extension whose popup was too high for my screen. To fix the issue I needed to download the CRX file of the extension. But with the new Chrome Web Store layout there isn’t a way to do that as you did earlier.
But then Pahan came up with a solution. The trick was to make use of the Chrome’s Developer tools pane. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the extension’s page in the Web Store.
- Open Developer Tools (wrench icon -> Tools -> Developer Tools)
- Click on its Network tab.
- Now click on the ‘Add to Chrome’ button in the extension’s page. (If you’ve already installed it you have to uninstall and try again)
- The Dev Tools pane will show several files. Find the one with a .crx extension among them.
- Right click on it and choose Copy Location.
- Now go to Firefox (or any other browser) and open the link. You’ll be prompted to save the file.