Just thought of sharing the Google Chrome extensions I use daily. In fact I’ve tested a lot of Chrome extensions and these are the few that have remained without being uninstalled.
- Google Mail Checker Plus
- Readability Redux – Extension for the popular Readability bookmarklet
- Instachrome – Plugin for Instapaper
- Tweet Button
- goo.gl URL shortener
- FeedSquares – Google Reader extension
- Session Buddy – Remembers the currently opened tabs
Instapaper is a popular service similar to Read-It-Later. We are constantly flooded with links to new information some of which we’ll need to save and make sure we read them later. The solution is to add the pages to Instapaper.
Here are 3 ways I use Instapaper:
- Instachrome Google Chrome extension – When you stumble upon an interesting article click the extension’s icon and click Read Later
- Instapaper bookmarklet for Google Reader – When you’re on an interesting feed in Google Reader, click on the bookmarklet and it’ll automagically send the link to Instapaper
- Add To Instapaper option in Gravity – In this Nokia twitter client, each link in your timeline gives an option to add the URL to Instapaper, which is super cool, since you don’t get to read the articles most of the time from the phone
Whenever you feel like going over the saved links, just head to http://www.instapaper.com/u.